On December 22nd, CatholicTV will air the Installation Mass of the Diocese of Orlando’s new Bishop, John Noonan. This Installation Mass will air at CatholicTV.com and on CatholicTV cable outlets at noon and 8 p.m. Eastern.
Bishop Noonan was installed as Bishop of The Diocese of Orlando on December 16th, 2010. In his first homily as Bishop of Orlando, Noonan said, “From the lowest to the highest, we must become aware and listen to the voices of the silent and forgotten among us," he said, with his Irish accent. "We cannot continue to divide — divide in such a way that we do not understand that love is what unites us. God is the foundation of all hope."
Information about Bishop John Noonan:
Born: Limerick, Ireland, Feb. 26, 1951
• To the priesthood, Sept. 23, 1983, for the Archdiocese of Miami, at St. Paul of the Cross Church, North Palm Beach
• Appointed chaplain to His Holiness, with the title of Monsignor, Oct. 22, 2001
• Named Auxiliary Bishop of Miami, June 21, 2005
• Ordained to the episcopacy, Aug. 24, 2005, Cathedral of St. Mary, Miami
• Appointed Bishop of Orlando, October 23, 2010
• Bachelor of Arts, St. John Vianney College Seminary, Miami (1977-1979)
• Master of Divinity, St. Vincent de Paul Regional Seminary, Boynton Beach, Fla. (1979-1983)
• Master of Education, Boston College, Boston, Mass. (1993-1996)
• Languages spoken, understood: Spanish
More information about Bishop Noonan is available at: http://www.orlandodiocese.org/en/about-the-diocese/leadership/bishop
Footage of other major events in the American Catholic Church and the Vatican can be viewed at http://www.CatholicTV.com/catholic-television.aspx.